Remember these three names: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (commonly referred to as AOC), Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar. These three women were elected to the House of Representatives in November 2018 – and they’re the new faces of the Democratic Party’s hard left turn.
Unabashed in their mix of socialist and left-fascist views, AOC and her gang of ultra-left leaders make no bones about their negative feelings about the US Government’s decisions. In fact, Ocasio-Cortez even went as far as to say she believes the fight against Al-Qaeda was “wrong.”
The details will shock you!
- We can look back at our history and seen defining events that changed our country like the Civil War, the Great Depression and World War II. Those events unfolded over a period of years, but only one took place over the course of just a few hours on September 11, 2001.
- Four hijacked planes, two destroyed skyscrapers, the Pentagon severely damaged, thousands dead. Only the brave passengers of one jetliner sacrificing themselves by forcing a crash in a Pennsylvania field kept the body count from increasing. On that day, America realized it was vulnerable.
- Flash forward to 2019. We now have a self-proclaimed socialist holding elected office in the person of AOC, whose agenda harks back to the days of the Soviet Union.
- Recently, she took to Twitter to say that the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, and the effort to bring Al-Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden to justice for their war crimes, were “disastrous” and “wrong.” Her words.
- AOC also espoused the idea that we should have pursued a policy of non-intervention, which in terms of international diplomacy means (not to put too fine a point on it), “keep your hands off.”
- Starting in the 1950s, then accelerating through the 1970s, the intellectuals inhabiting our colleges and universities went from teaching to preaching. They went from asking, as an example, “what were the factors leading to the Civil War” and expecting students to present a discourse defending their position, to simply stating “present a paper showing how slavery was the only issue between the states.”
- That’s a bit of an exaggeration, but not by much. This attitude has now trickled down to the pre-K to 12th-grade schools, to the point they are almost indoctrination centers instead of education centers. Is it any wonder that the generation now moving into positions of authority lean so far left?
- In no way should this be construed as a panicky cry that we are going to become another Venezuela in the near future. Rather, it’s to bring attention to the fact that the doctrines Americans have fought and died to defeat are now becoming mainstream.
- Although nobody seems to know the exact source, there is a saying that is as true today as it was back in the 18th or 19th-Century: “eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.” AOC and her ilk are desperately trying to portray President Trump as some kind of Russian agent. That’s a bit ironic from people whose agenda is so closely related to that of the now-defunct USSR.