Here we go again, the Left is claiming Trump is abusing his power as President of the United States to get his hands on additional money that will aid in the construction of the border wall.
Is there anything this extreme group doesn’t twist around to mislead the people of this country?
- First of all, Trump can declare a national state of emergency, if he feels there is a need for it. Refugees crossing the border into this country with weapons and drugs, seems like reason enough. In the Rose Garden, Trump stated, “We’re going to confront the national security crisis on our southern border, and we’re going to do it one way or the other.”
- The Democrats jumped all over the chance to criticize the president for this decision. They called it an unconstitutional abuse of his authority. Then Nancy Pelosi of California and Chuck Schumer of New York, both front runners for the Left, said in a joint statement, “This is plainly a power grab by a disappointed president, who has gone outside the bounds of the law to try to get what he failed to achieve in the constitutional legislative process.”
- The Left is a bit slow in understanding that President Trump has the authority to declare this national emergency and Mick Mulvaney, the White House chief of staff backs this up by stating, “This is authority given to the President in law already. It’s not as if he just didn’t get what he wanted so he’s waving a magic wand and taking a bunch of money.”
- Regardless of what the Left cries about, Trump is taking action against a long time problem at the southern border. To drive this point home, Trump invited relatives of Americans who were killed by illegal immigrants, to the Rose Garden to tell their personal stories of tragedy.
- The Left needs to open their eyes and see the security issue that is not going away along the southern border. The border wall needs built to protect the American people, and Trump is doing just that by whatever means necessary.